- Workflow: a workflows is a set of one or several specific actions/integrations you can use to automate your work. Learn More here
- An integration is a third-party service connector, that allows you to integrate with the tools you use, like your CRM, outbound SaaS, enriching APIs and so on
- Integration Account: for each integrations, you can setup one or more accounts. You can use and setup accounts directly in a workflow's configuration.
- Configuration: the process of configuring a Workflow by providing the necessary Inputs and Parameters for it to begin its process.
- Input: the starting point for a workflow, e.g. from where it should begin to extract or automate desired data. Captain data allows the user to enter these "destinations" one by one or as group in the form of a CSV file containing just the URLs
- Job: created once you launch a configuration, it executes multiple inputs in series or in parallel - you use jobs to fetch results data
- Task: task are counted for every action Captain Data is making on your workflows, e.g. visiting a profile counts as 1 task, sending information to a CRM counts as 1, etc.
The following list is sorted by alphabetical order.
An API plays the role of a mediator between applications. It facilitates two or more applications to interact with each other and transfer information, data, between themselves. You can interact on a deep level with your workflows by using our developer API.
Authentication is the process of identifying the user from the application that would be used to configure your workflows.
The tool that shows how the HTML looks like at runtime for that particular page and additional important information like cookies.
All of Captain Data's actions, i.e workflows, are performed on the cloud so that you can concentrate on other important work and don't even have to be present in front of your computer to oversee your tasks to completion.
The process of configuring a Workflow by providing the necessary Inputs and Parameters for it to begin its process.
The Information transferred by web servers to the user's web browsers when visiting a page on the internet, is stored in a cookie. They contain information about user's visit.
File format used to store tabular data that can be read using Excel or Google Sheets.
It is in our DNA: data automation is what captain data specializes in, where you just need to configure the task and provide the inputs and parameters while everything else being automated without any further supervision.
Automatic extraction of data by workflows on specific websites to gather desired information.
The home to all the workflows provided by Captain Data that are capable of extracting and automating web data.
The starting point for a workflow, e.g. from where it should begin to extract or automate desired data. Captain data allows the user to enter these "destinations" one by one or as group in the form of a CSV file containing just the URLs
An integration is a third-party service connector, that allows you to integrate with the tools you use, like your CRM, outbound SaaS, enriching APIs and so on.
Integration - Accounts
For each integrations, you can setup one or more accounts. You can use and setup accounts directly in a workflow's configuration.
Integration - Shared Accounts
You can ask someone that has is not registered on Captain Data to synchronize its account - it's especially useful for agencies and/or large companies.
A job is created once you launch a configuration: it executes multiple inputs in series or in parallel. You use jobs to fetch results data.
Text sample that allows you to debug a script in real-time/
The queued feature is part of our new V3 (January 2021), which enables you to see how queued inputs, e.g. inputs that will be run a soon as possible.
The retry option offers you the capability to re-run a workflow (or a workflow step) for specific inputs that have failed or resulted in an error.
Software as a Service (SaaS) is way of licensing software out to companies on a subscription basis. Captain Data is a SaaS and you can check out our prices here.
A workflow can be executed at a specific date and frequency.
Users can switch scheduled jobs (see definition above) to "Enabled" and "Disabled" modes.
Check how to Launch a workflow here.
The Schema contains the information about the different structured data that was extracted by the workflow, i.e in other words the names of the columns you'll get if you download the results in a CSV file.
When subscribing to Captain Data, you will be assigned a number of tasks, depending on the plan you choose. A task will be deducted for every action Captain Data is making on your workflows. For instance, if you visit a LinkedIn Profile and then a LinkedIn company page, this will be counted as 2 tasks and so on. Once you've reached the limit, you will have to update your plan!
Templates enable you to get quickly started by using a template that fits with your use case, e.g. if you want to automate lead generation, enrich a list of websites or company names, and so on: there's a template for each of those actions.
When a specific event happens in an application, it can trigger a message to be sent to any other application. Captain Data offers three triggers: created, succeeded and error. This means that you can set up a webhook to trigger a message to the URL of your choice when the task is launched, if the task succeeds or if the task comes across an error.
A workflows is a set of one or several specific actions / integrations you can use to automate your work. Learn More here